Row details function without row IDs

Row details function without row IDs

CatCat Posts: 18Questions: 8Answers: 0

I'm fairly new to webdevelopment and can read/write html but have very little php, js and mysql experience, I've modified the datatables server_side/simple.html example according to my databased and styled it to suit my needs, everything works fine, but now I'm trying to add the server_side/row_details.html functionality to my DataTable and after hours of work I just end up breaking my DataTable repeatedly without any error message to give me a hint of what I'm doing wrong

Based on a standard server_side/simple.html example, what exactly do I need to add/change to simply allow for additional information to appear at the click of a button? It does not need to remember whether the child row was open or not between page changes (I may add a function to open/close all child rows later anyway) which as far as I can see is what the row ID is for, so I guess it doesn't need to have row IDs. I simply want to display extra info from the database when a button is pressed the simplest way possible

Any help on how to do this will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance~

Answers

This discussion has been closed.