Inline Editor defer update

Inline Editor defer update

remiegoremiego Posts: 19Questions: 2Answers: 0

I'm sure someone must have looked into this or got this working.

I want to use datatables but am currently using another product based on a grid, I like DT and am plodding my way through checking I can replicate my existing functionilty. I thought I was just about done as I was drawn to DT by the fact I knew it supported inline editing.

I've already tested my server side integration and have a quirky implementation with my own custom paging (each page is potentially a different size the way the data is "grouped") all good!

Now onto the editing, I only expose 2 columns for editing and have seen posts that will help me achieve that (probably with CSS class selection), both fields will be numeric only and require min/max values (hopefully with a number spinner plugin).

My BIG issue is that inline editing by default does an xhr after every cell edit, that's unusable in the real world, there must be a way to defer a row or even page update and allow either a manual 'save' or 'save' triggered by a pagination event?

Hopefully some kind soul has done all the hard work so I won't have to ;o)

Answers

• remiegoremiego Posts: 19Questions: 2Answers: 0

Ok, I'm guessing this hasn't been done or am I the only person who sees this as a must have feature of inline editing? If it hasn't been done, can someone with more in-depth knowledge of the product tell me whether its even worth my while investigating a solution or should I look at other products or roll my own?

This discussion has been closed.