What is causing the Item Index # (# items in datasource) to show in Chrome or IE 10 or Higher

What is causing the Item Index # (# items in datasource) to show in Chrome or IE 10 or Higher

jboconnejboconne Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 1

I'm new to the Datatables plug-in and I'm experiencing a very frustrating occurance/issue and I think it's related to the Datatables plug-in.
The Datatables plug-in is an excellent tool and everything is working great in my project, except when I test my pages in Google Chrome or IE 10 or higher; I get a mysterious row above my datatable showing what appears to be the item index number showing in a separate row. This is displayed as a horizontal listing. .

For instance, if I have 12 items in my datasource. It shows the datatables formatted table correctly, but on top of the table it shows a row with the following:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The numbers are displayed as text only.Usually I would see each # listed as a link, sort of like an html bookmark.

Can anyone help me:
1) identify what this feature is? (Note, I called it (item index number) listed above...I don't know if I'm calling it the right thing (I don't see this in source view of the rendered page))
2) How I can turn this off for IE 10 or higher and Chrome.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• jboconnejboconne Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

Never mind, I discovered what was casuing this and it had nothing to do with DataTables plug-in. It was my own code inside the razor page that was displaying the numbers , a counter I was using to assign a row number to each row in the table, then incrementing the counter at the bottom of the foreach loop. The increment at the bottom was getting displayed. duhhh

This discussion has been closed.