fieldErrors and inline editing

fieldErrors and inline editing

Albert O'BalsamAlbert O'Balsam Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

If you inline edit a field in a table, then submit an invalid value, you receive a populated fieldErrors value by return, which is displayed beneath the field being edited.

However, if you now abort editing the current field and start editing another in the same column, the error is also displayed for the new field (although the value is valid). This also happens if the edit button is selected, and the full edit popup is displayed.

I think this is a logic error, and the error message should be reset if the current field is aborted.

This isn't an implementation error; the same behaviour is exhibited on the current example pages for inline editor.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,789Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin
    Answer ✓

That is indeed a bug - thanks for letting me know about that. I'll look into it shortly and post back with a fix.

Regards,
    Allan

Answer ✓

Hi,

I've just looked into this problem at it requires a couple of changes in Editor's core Javascript files unfortunately. I've made these changes locally, but wasn't planning on a release of a 1.3.4 version (next was planned to be 1.4). I might still release a 1.3.4 but this is the only change at the moment. So what I can do is e-mail the updated file over to you if that suits? Can I use the e-mail address you used to register your DataTables account with?

Thanks,
    Allan

• Albert O'BalsamAlbert O'Balsam Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

That's fine, thanks!

• vedran.blazevicvedran.blazevic Posts: 11Questions: 1Answers: 0

Dear Allan,

I seem to have encountered the same issue.
    Could you provide me with the same update please?

You can use my registration email address.
    Best regards,

Vedran

Hi Vedran,

A beta of 1.4 will be available by the weekend, which you could use. Alternatively if you need the fix asap, I can zip it up and e-mail it over, however, be aware that the software is still being tested.

Allan

• vedran.blazevicvedran.blazevic Posts: 11Questions: 1Answers: 0

I guess I will wait for the beta then.

Best regards,

Vedran

This discussion has been closed.