How to change all the content in table cells on click?

How to change all the content in table cells on click?

lachicabohemelachicaboheme Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi all, sorry if I appear ignorant in this, but I'm pretty unfamiliar with using this plugin. I am building a page where I have to use multiple instances of dataTables on the same page. There will be multiple tables, but most will be hidden. They're all being called via AJAX. For example, there would be tabs on the page that would toggle the tables to show up.

The back end developer I'm working with asked me if it would be possible to use the same table and change the content in the table cells when I click on a separate tab, but the actual table would stay and not get removed and replaced with another. Is this possible to do? I couldn't find a similar example in the data tables documentation. I found examples of showing and hiding columns and I suggested this, but this won't work.

Unfortunately I've very lost with this, so I don't have a working example of how I attempted to get this to work. I just have a simple demo that has the HTML in place, but not the script for changing out content. Here's my js fiddle that I set up: http://jsfiddle.net/askbm7yb/2/

Any help or advice on what to do here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.