DataTables debug source

DataTables debug source

jd0000jd0000 Posts: 25Questions: 6Answers: 0

Is the code for debug.datatables.net available? This thread http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/8731/datatables-debugger seems to suggest it initially wasn't, then was, but I can't find it on github.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,453Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

No it isn't available. I didn't think it would really be of any use to anyone. What would you do with it out of interest?

Allan

• jd0000jd0000 Posts: 25Questions: 6Answers: 0

First just to clarify, i meant the debugger code, not the website code.
    I would use it to debug on an internal machine w/o network access. Its a great tool for debugging but not much help when no network available.

• allanallan Posts: 61,453Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

First just to clarify, i meant the debugger code, not the website code.

They are basically one and the same. There is a debugger bookmarklet that gathers the data on the page and uploaded it to a database on this server. The web-site will then process that for display.

The code needs a fair bit of work before it is ready to be released as open source as it is a little bit on the messy side and not designed for use anywhere other than here.

I don't have a problem releasing it as OSS, but not in its current state :-).

Allan

• jd0000jd0000 Posts: 25Questions: 6Answers: 0

Understood. If you ever get around to it and make it available, that would be really awesome. I work on a few internal-only networks and others where the data really cant be sent out, so for debugging on any of those i would have to run the debugger locally.
    Its a great tool.

This discussion has been closed.