Write our own sql query

Write our own sql query

ysudhirkysudhirk Posts: 4Questions: 3Answers: 0

I want run a query similar to "select Employeename,count(Employeename) from Employee order by desc". I dont know where to put this query. CAn some one pls help me in this .I found a topic like http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/23872/how-to-inner-join-query-in-ssp-class-datatables-1-10-3-dev#latest. I did according to the solution there. Still i am getting this error.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Still i am getting this error.

What error?

You should be able to run any query you want as long as the JSON returned is in the format DataTables is configured to expect.

Allan

• ignignoktignignokt Posts: 146Questions: 4Answers: 39

I believe with that query you can use the ssp.class.php without altering anything as long as you use the class correctly.

To help with debugging, in Chrome you can open the console, click the network tab, click on XHR and see what the reply you are getting says. I'm sure you can do this in other browsers, but I'm not familiar with their steps.

Personally I think it is best to use their class more as an example and build your own based off of it to best fit your needs. As Allan pointed out, you can do whatever you want as long as the returned JSON format is correct.

This discussion has been closed.