Javascript sourced datatabe

Javascript sourced datatabe

nullpointernullpointer Posts: 23Questions: 12Answers: 2

Hi, I am creating a datatable with Javascript sourced data, as the example http://www.datatables.net/examples/data_sources/js_array.html
But I can't see the data, and I would say that the code is OK:

var dataSet = [ ['Trident','Internet Explorer 4.0','Win 95+','4','X'], ['Other browsers','All others','-','-','U'] ]; $(document).ready(function() { var oTable; oTable = $('#applicationsDatatable').dataTable( { "data": dataSet, "sScrollY": "auto", "bJQueryUI": true, "sPaginationType": "full_numbers", "bPaginate": true, "bLengthChange": true, "bFilter": true, "aaSorting": [[ 0, "asc" ]], "aoColumns": [ { "bSortable": false }, null,null,null,null,null ], "bSort": true, "bInfo": true, "bAutoWidth": true, "bSortCellsTop": true, "sDom": 'tlpi<"clear">' }); } ); <div id="content4menu2" class="contentcontainer" style="margin-left:0;width:auto;border-top:1px solid #30699C;"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="display normaltable" id="applicationsDatatable" /> </div>

debug code: efibum

Thanks

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,277Questions: 1Answers: 10,424 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Your data arrays have 5 elements, but your aoColumns defines 6 columns. Is that intentional? That would be my guess as to what is causing the error.

Allan

• nullpointernullpointer Posts: 23Questions: 12Answers: 2

It was a copy error, I generated again the page with 5 columns defined

debug code: ibehav

Answer ✓

DataTables 1.8.2

Can you update to the latest release please. 1.10.3.

Allan

Dear Allan,
    I just updated to 1.10.3., but it seems that the problem remains
    debug code: ofifef

Answer ✓

The debugger suggests there are no tables, which probably means that there was a JS error while initialising the table. What does the browser's console show?

Allan

Indeed, it was a javascript error. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.