How to make instant search on google spreadsheet using the tabletop?

How to make instant search on google spreadsheet using the tabletop?

cheapwebhostercheapwebhoster Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited November 2014 in Free community support

I am using the tabletop (https://github.com/chrislkeller/projects.chrislkeller.com/tree/master/demos/tabletop_to_datatables) codes to display data and it is searchable as in the link below. However due to the large amount of data around 54,000+ it takes more than 1 minute for the data to load into the page. Try it below

https://googledrive.com/host/0B1QgIjR70ZIcOGJxSUJXNWNJeEk

My question is

1. How to speedup the page due to the large amount of data in the google spreadsheet (IF not possible)
  2. Can we use instant search to display only the search data being populated to the table? For example as i type "sarawak" then only data that is relevant to sarawak will show on the table.

Currently the Ajax call everything into the table first which take a long time to load 54000 data onto the page before it become searchable. Instead of doing this can option 2 above be implemented if yes how and whats the code to use?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,384 Site admin

I haven't used TableTop myself yet (will do sometime!), but my understanding is that it is using client-side processing in DataTables. Therefore it needs to download the full data set before the data can be sorted, filtered, etc.

If Google Spreadsheet offers a way to filter data remotely so it would only download the data requested, then what you are looking for might be possible. But you would need to refer to the Google API docs and possibly modify TableTop (if it doesn't already implement it) to pass that extra filtering information.

Allan

• cheapwebhostercheapwebhoster Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for the answer allan but i need more than ideas to answer my questions. But i do appreciate the idea thank you very much

This discussion has been closed.