TableTools buttons not working properly

TableTools buttons not working properly

kevin1293909kevin1293909 Posts: 17Questions: 3Answers: 0

I looked at nearly every post about why the flash buttons don't work with Table Tools and am still stumped. I don't have any data in my table upon initialization and I think that this may have something to do with it. I am working on an Intranet and am having data be called in via AJAX based on a user search. Data is coming in great and is sortable on an individual column basis. I am using datatables scroller as well (just some basic initialization stuff).

myTable = $('#tblLineItems').dataTable({
    "scrollY":        "400px",
    "jQueryUI":       true,
    "responsive":     true,
    "sDom":            '<"searchBar">T<"clear">C<"clear">rtS',
    "deferRender":    true,
    "order":          [[1, "asc"]],
    "bSort":          true,
    "colVis":         {"exclude": [0,10,11]},
    "aoColumnDefs":   [{"bSortable": false, "aTargets": [0,10,11]}, {"aTargets": [4,5], "visible": false}],
    "tableTools":     {"sSwfPath": "../swf/copy_csv_xls_pdf.swf", "aButtons": ["xls", "pdf"]}
 });

I have set the same swfPath in all of the spots on tableTools.js and have checked my debugger to make sure the flash buttons have both a width and a height (they do).

<a class="DTTT_button ui-button ui-state-default DTTT_button_xls" id="ToolTables_tblLineItems_0" tabindex="0" aria-controls="tblLineItems">
 <span>Excel</span>
 <div style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 52px; height: 28px; z-index: 99;">
 <embed id="ZeroClipboard_TableToolsMovie_1" src="../swf/copy_csv_xls_pdf.swf" loop="false" menu="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="52" height="28" name="ZeroClipboard_TableToolsMovie_1" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="id=1&amp;width=52&amp;height=28" wmode="transparent"></div></a>

I don't know what else could be wrong with this and am out of ideas.

Thanks,
Kevin

Answers

• kevin1293909kevin1293909 Posts: 17Questions: 3Answers: 0
    edited November 2014

Also, I don't know if this will help anyone diagnose the issue but two things I noticed:

1: When I right click on the excel or pdf buttons (only ones I initialized) it says movie not loaded.

2: When I mouse over the buttons the regular cursor doesn't change, however if I mouse over the very top part of the button it turns into a the different pointer and right clicking shows me a normal dropdown after a right click.

• kevin1293909kevin1293909 Posts: 17Questions: 3Answers: 0

Gosh that was stupid of me..

MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE SWF FILE AND USE IT ACTUALLY!
    http://datatables.net/releases/TableTools-2.2.3.zip

This discussion has been closed.