Launching Editor from a Bootstrap Modal-Closing issue

Launching Editor from a Bootstrap Modal-Closing issue

psenechalpsenechal Posts: 32Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello!

Here's my scenario. I currently have a dataTable that populates in a Bootstrap modal window. I'm attempting to attach an Editor to that dataTable so that a new row can be added to it. Launching the Editor works great and a second Bootstrap modal window appears with the Editor fields. I'm able to enter the information and click save and the modal for the Editor closes, however, the overlay for the Editor modal remains and prevents any interaction with the page at all including the first modal.

Do you happen to have any suggestions on how to use Editor when launched from a Bootstrap modal? Thanks!

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,765Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Hi,

Can you confirm which version of Bootstrap you are using please? The Editor Bootstrap integration simply calls the Bootstrap close method so Bootstrap should be tidying up the backdrop.

Thanks,
    Allan

• psenechalpsenechal Posts: 32Questions: 2Answers: 0

We're on Bootstrap 3.2.0. I can see if I can get a screenshot up for you somewhere. Not sure if this is something you can duplicate though.

Might it be worth trying the 3.3.1 current release of Bootstrap to see if that resolves the issue?

Allan

• psenechalpsenechal Posts: 32Questions: 2Answers: 0

I ended up applying an add-on library to Bootstrap modal that resolved the issue. According to the Bootstrap website, they DO NOT support stacked modals. All is well...the add-on library is very small and works great.

Thanks for helping me through that Allan

Ah! That's useful information to have. Thanks for letting us know!

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.