responsive expand icon not working

responsive expand icon not working

ryan2johnson9ryan2johnson9 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

In one of my datatables the responsive expand icon appears but does nothing when clicked? There is no error in the console either.

I have it working in another table and the only differences I can see is that the in which it does not work is uses 'scrollX':100% and FixedColumns - but if I comment them out it still does not work!

Does anyone know why the button may not work? any Gotchas?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

FixedColumns isn't compatible with Responsive since they are effectively trying to solve the same thing - that is to show wide content on smaller screens. I need to add a warning into the code for that use case.

Sorry!

Allan

• ryan2johnson9ryan2johnson9 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

Ahh - I see.. Fair enough.

The responsive expand icon is such a useful thing that I was trying to have it everywhere where columns may be hidden.

I am also using it in combination with ColVis, which seems to solve the same issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

ColVis and Responsive also aren't compatible, again because they are basically doing the same thing :-). They are both controlling the column visibility, so Responsive is like to override any user settings that are selected with ColVis.

I am going to make a compatibility chart with all of this information in the new year...

Allan

• ryan2johnson9ryan2johnson9 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

Thanks Allan. Your doing a great job!

Our use case, in case your interested, is for users to be able to show/hide columns and yet for the table to open differently on smaller and larger screens. And as I said earlier, the Responsive expand button is such a great feature it's hard to resist not using it.

This discussion has been closed.