Can't get "ordering": false to work

Can't get "ordering": false to work

burncharburnchar Posts: 118Questions: 12Answers: 0

Whenever I set "ordering": false,
I get:
DataTables warning: table id=editor - Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source

This may be something I am doing wrong, but even in a very simple example, all options work except this one. Possible regression?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• ignignoktignignokt Posts: 146Questions: 4Answers: 39

Are you using an earlier version than 1.10? You can also try bSort:false which is the older way of making none of the columns sortable.

• allanallan Posts: 61,814Questions: 1Answers: 10,123 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Is that the full error message? Is that an error message that is returned from the server-side in JSON? It looks like a server-side error message to me, so I'm wondering if you are using server-side processing in this table?

If you could run the debugger over the table, that might let me know what is going on a little more.

Also, is this with your own server-side libraries (if it is a server-side issue)?

Allan

• burncharburnchar Posts: 118Questions: 12Answers: 0

You are right. Once again, it is my code and not yours. I thought it might be a client-side problem since my debugger didn't catch it, but that is because I am reforming some internal exceptions as HTTP exceptions (for HTTP 400, 404, etc. so the client can inform the user) so I only saw the problem on the browser.

So, no problem exists. At first glance, I just need to add another null check or something.

• allanallan Posts: 61,814Questions: 1Answers: 10,123 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for let me know. Good luck resolving it and happy holidays :-)

Allan

This discussion has been closed.