What's the issue?warning msg DataTables warning:table id:ex–Requested unknown parameter ‘1’ for row0

What's the issue?warning msg DataTables warning:table id:ex–Requested unknown parameter ‘1’ for row0

techboytechboy Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
1.I am getting a warning message "Data Tables warning: table id: example – Requested unknown parameter ‘1’ for row 0." when i try to load a jsp page as report.
I tried running my page into the DataTables debugger and it was successfull. Please find the 6 character reference as "ivevos". Please help me resolve this issue.
I tried a lot of things but unable to resolve the issue. Please help me resolve this.

1. Also when i run the same report in browsers like mozilla firefox and Internet explorer, the buttons "copy","excel","csv" are not visible and only "print" button is visible. What can be the issue?
    Awaiting your reply...
    Thanks,
    John

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,903Questions: 1Answers: 10,148 Site admin

Row 0 has the data:

["<strong>Division Name : </strong>BANGALORE CENTRAL", null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null]

This tech note, which should be linked to by the error message you are getting, explains why you are getting that error based on the data (i..e it is null). It also explains how to resolve the issue using columns.defaultContent.

Also when i run the same report in browsers like mozilla firefox and Internet explorer, the buttons "copy","excel","csv" are not visible and only "print" button is visible.

Either the browser doesn't have Flash installed, or Flash has been disabled.

Allan

• techboytechboy Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
    Thanks for the reply. I tried using "columns.defaultContent",but i couldnt find enough examples to use it in my code. Whatever i tried with columns.defaultContent,didnt work.
    I then used some empty <td>, wherever there was null as you had mentioned and it worked. "You rock man...".
    Also,i got flash player installed and its just supporting mozilla for the time being, need to explore for IE browser.Thanks for your help Allan. Really appreciate it.
    I have few other doubts for my further requirement,which i will ask you in another thread.

Hi Allan,
    I have an issue. When i try to download the report in either "excel", "csv" format, the header part is not getting downloaded in the sheet. I mean to say in the same code which i provided you earlier (6 character reference as "ivevos"), the fields in the header part "From Date","To Date","Bus Stand","User Type","Print Date&Time" are not getting downloaded in the excel or csv sheet. Can you please suggest me as to what i need to do?

I would need a link to the page to be able to take a look at what is going wrong. The debugger doesn't give enough information for me to diagnose that.

Allan

Hi Allan,
    I would love to give you a link,but its internal network. You will not be able to access it from outside. Can you please suggest me an alternative? Can i send you the code through mail?

I'd be happy to read through the code and try to reproduce the error to find the error under the DataTables support options. The alternative is to use JSFiddle or the like to create a test case that I can debug directly.

Allan

Hi Allan,

I used JSFiddle to create the following link. http://jsfiddle.net/techboy/ptLvoj16/embedded/result/

Please let me know if you are able to debug this?

edited January 2015

The code in that example doesn't appear to run at all. Indeed, DataTables and jQuery aren't even included. I'd need a running test case so I can see the error and debug it.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.