HELP! Datatables sorting not working, and breaks when trying to use MOMENT add-in

HELP! Datatables sorting not working, and breaks when trying to use MOMENT add-in

vitoasarovitoasaro Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have a date column in my datatable that appears as "Mon, Aug 24" (no year), and it doesn't sort correctly.

I added the javascript add-in libraries for "moment" (moment.min.js and datetime-moment.js)

I added the line below per the site example before my datatable definition:

$.fn.dataTable.moment( 'dddd, MMM D' );

This completely breaks the functionality of my datatable. Can someone help me figure this out?
This is the jquery setup of my datatable:

<script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function(){ snt = $('#glancetable').dataTable( { "columnDefs": [ { "orderable": false, "targets": 1 }, { "orderable": false, "targets": 3 }, { "orderable": false, "targets": 5 }, { "orderable": false, "targets": 6 }, { "orderable": false, "targets": 7 }, { "orderable": false, "targets": 8 }, { "orderable": false, "targets": 9 }, { "orderable": false, "targets": 10 } ], "lengthMenu": [[-1, 10,20,40], ["All", 10, 20, 40]], "scrollY": "450px", "scrollCollapse": false, "bJQueryUI": true, "columns": [ { "name": "performanceid" }, { "name": "status" }, { "name": "date" }, { "name": "time" }, { "name": "performance" }, { "name": "buylink" }, { "name": "ticketprice" }, { "name": "dinnershow" }, { "name": "roomshow" }, { "name": "jrsuiteshow" }, { "name": "suiteshow" } ], "dom": '<"H"ifr>t<"F"<"toolbar">lp>', fnDrawCallback: function() { clickRowHandler(); } } ); var table = $('#glancetable').DataTable(); table.column( 0 ).visible( false ); // Hides REC# column }); /* Click event handler */ function clickRowHandler() { // $('#glancetable tr').bind('click', function () { // theRow = snt.fnGetData( this ); // alert("Row: "+theRow[0]); // }); $('#glancetable tr').bind('dblclick', function () { var rData = snt.fnGetData( this ); var noteID= rData[0]; alert("Enabled: "+rData[0]); }); };

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,848Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Hi,

That looks like it should work in principle. Can you link to the page or set up a test cast so we can debug the problem please?

Thanks,
    Allan

• vitoasarovitoasaro Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Allan,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have two pages available for you to view:

This page has the datatable.moment line
    http://humphreysconcerts.com/glancetest.cfm

And this page has the semi-working table:
    http://humphreysconcerts.com/glancetest2.cfm

I say semi-working because the sorting on the date column doesn't work properly, which is why I need the datatable.moment sorting.

Please let me know if you see anything.

Thanks again for the help.

• vitoasarovitoasaro Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Actually,
    I was able to leave out the moment sort, and then in the <TD> tag I included the "data-order" with a converted epoch date of the date column. ColdFusion example:

<cfset epochStartDate = createdatetime( '1970','01','01','00','00','00' )>
    <cfset epochDate = datediff( 's', epochStartDate, PerformanceDate)
    <TD data-order="#epochdate#"> #performanceDate#</TD>

The further down in the dataTable definition I have:

$('#glancetable').dataTable(
             { 
         "order": [ 2, 'asc' ],

This achieved the sorting I needed on the Data Table.
    I still don't know why the moment function didn't work.

• allanallan Posts: 61,848Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Hi,

I'm getting a 404 error from the page above. I guess you've removed it now that you've got the attribute sorting working? Either way, good to hear you've got it working now.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.