Column does not appear even though included in columns-property - caching issue?

Column does not appear even though included in columns-property - caching issue?

divStardivStar Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited February 2015 in Free community support

Hello there,

since this problem occurs rather spontaneously, I will not be able to provide a link to a JS Fiddle or similar. I am using v1.10.3 of DataTables.

I have a php-page, that generates a table-structure to display data.
Once I add a column there, it displays properly in the table-structure.
Since the column has previously been invisible (it has been inside the columns-property, but it was used by the render-attribute of another, visible, column inside columnDef-property), I make it visible.

I would expect the column to appear. If I hit F5 or CTRL+F5 to reload the page, it still does not appear. It does however appear if I access the local website through my dyndns-host or a different browser.

I tried to empty the cache of the browser and restart my Apache server. Still no matter what I do it will not show up. Then at some point (several hours, sometimes even days later) it just appears (as if some cache expired).
This only happens with DataTables. All other changes to my JavaScripts appear the moment I refresh the website.

Do you happen to have a hint at what I should look for?

I use "serverSide", "stateSave" and "aaSorting" options.

I know the information I provided is a bit vague, but there is barely more what I can do (I assume, that any page, that uses DataTables with custom "columnDefs" options, would show the described behavior once the visibility of individual, already existing columns, changes).

´EDIT:` If I turn "stateSave" to "false", the new column visibility shows up. If I then turn it back to "true", the new column, that is supposed to be there, disappears again. I think it might have something to do with the "stateSave"-option.

It appears, that this could be considered as a column-reorder and hence possibly be related to "https://github.com/DataTables/ColReorder/issues/16".

This discussion has been closed.