TableTools tutorial request

TableTools tutorial request

chrismas5chrismas5 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2010 in TableTools
Hi Allan,

I ve been struggling so much to make TableTools work and i havent succeeded yet, although i ve read some threads about tabletools.

Can you write a simple tutorial and explain how to make tabletools work when a page uses it and is actually not in the tabletools folder?

Thanks in advance.

ps: i have flash player 10 installed. i ve set the sSwfPath correctly, i guess. No TableTools buttons appear.
when i launch the example page in the tabletools folder, i m not able to export as csv or excel..i can only use the print button.

Chris

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin
    Hi Chris,

Agreed! TableTools is in desperate need of some decent documentation... However, TableTools 2 is now more or less code complete, it just needs documented itself. So before releasing TableTools 2, I plan to write a mini-site for it, which will document it much, much as DataTables has been on this site. As such, I don't really plan to write a tutorial for TableTools 1.

So with your install... If you open Safari or Chrome and look at the Inspector's console - are there any 404 errors? You need the TableTools script, ZeroClipboard script and the swf. Include all of those and it should be good to go.

Allan
  • SRussellNSRussellN Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0
    If you are working on a server sending secure pages (HTTPS), you will probably receive non-clickable buttons for clipboard, csv, and excel. The Print button will work as it is not associated with the swf file. This is what is happening on my setup. I am working with the header files of my pages and my IIS set up, yet to no avail. My server admin say that nothing has been added to the firewall, as I've heard there can even been added headers there like (Pragma:"no-cache"). These headers cause the error of not being able to download Microsoft office files from secure sites. As someone mentioned in the tabletools forum, there may be a workaround if you are using Tomcat as your web server.

As it is with the documentation, I noticed that you say in the Init that "you may need to specify the swf file, and give an example. The first "/" in TableToolsInit.sSwfPath = "/media/swf/ZeroClipboard.swf"; had to be removed to work for me, so its just TableToolsInit.sSwfPath = "media/swf/ZeroClipboard.swf"; I know it was just a provided example but it caused me a few minutes of headache. :)
This discussion has been closed.