NuGet DataTables 1.10.4 package contains wrong version of jqueryui styling

NuGet DataTables 1.10.4 package contains wrong version of jqueryui styling

MantorokMantorok Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

After installing DataTables 1.10.4 via NuGet (VS2013) I got an error about a SortIcon. After a bit of searching it appears that the following files included in the NuGet package are wrong:

1. dataTables.jqueryui.css
  2. dataTables.jqueryui.js

After replacing them with the versions from http://datatables.net/manual/styling/jqueryui everything worked fine.

I'm not sure who maintains the NuGet package for DataTables. If someone knows could they please make them aware of this issue so hopefully we can get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
David

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Hi,

I'm not sure who maintains the NuGet package either I'm afraid - it isn't an "official" package (i.e. it isn't packages up by me). Is there not a way to reach out to the author on the NuGet site?

Allan

• MantorokMantorok Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

The NuGet entry for DataTables just shows your name (Allan Jardine) and www.sprymedia.co.uk. The product info link just links to datatables.net

Regards,
    David

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Hmm - someone using my name...! I guess they are attributing the software to me (rightly so :-) ) but I'm afraid I've never published a NuGet package (yet), so I can't help much here. Sorry!

Allan

edited March 2015

I may have found the owners of the NuGet package. I'll try to make contact.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/jquery.datatables/

• msaragnolimsaragnoli Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 1

Hi Mantorok,

Have you tried this nuget? https://www.nuget.org/packages/datatables.net/

edited March 2015

Thanks msaragnoli,

This DataTables package is more up to date than the other one which is a big PLUS!

However I can't find the jqueryui styling files (see original post) in it.

I haven't heard back from the owners of the other package so maybe I'll have better luck with this one.

I'll keep you posted.

Then today is your luck day (or not :-)), because I'm the person who maintains this nuget package :-)

I found out why my nuget project hasn't those files.. It's because they are not comming inside the zip package from the datatables.net, basically to create the nuget, I'm using the files downloaded from Allan's Website in Download section.

The Question now is.... These jqueryui files should or shouldn't integrate the zip package in Download section?

Allan, could you please help us on this doubt?

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I've installed your NuGet package into my VS2013 solution and noticed that it installs jQuery 1.7 as well. My solution already had jQuery 2.1.3 installed. Is it also possible to change your package to only install jQuery 1.7 if no other version is already installed?

Regards.

Hi,

Strange happen this problem for you, because that's exactly what the nuget does, the nuget installs the jquery 1.7 inside the visual studio project, ONLY when there isn't other installed or if the installed version is previous of 1.7.

If you check on nuget.org website, the package Dependency is "jQuery (≥ 1.7)".

I did a test on an new project using Visual Studio 2013, I installed the DataTables nuget package using the GUI and the Package Manager Console, both worked as expected and It kept my jquery 2.1.3 installed in Visual Studio.

What are the steps you are doing to install the nuget package? Maybe I can reproduce the issue here.

Regards.

edited March 2015

Hi Marcelo,

I decided to start from scratch with my original solution (using the other NuGet package). I then carefully uninstalled and removed all references to that package. Once that was done I installed your one.

This time jQuery 1.7 did not get installed. So all is good now.

Regards.

This discussion has been closed.