Scrolling bug, not working properly with Column Filtering\Sorting options

Scrolling bug, not working properly with Column Filtering\Sorting options

hozthozt Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2010 in Bug reports
The bug:
Show\Hide Row Details (That Column) + Scrolling are screwing with the Column Filtering and Sorting (Columns), nothing is aligned, so the Scrolling don't go all the way (of the filtering and sorting).

Explanation:

While the scrolling itself works for the data, it doesn't scroll the Column Filtering\Sorting options, because their sizes are messed up.

I've tried it many ways, with new configurations, table and other data, so it shouldn't be hard to recreate.
My native resolution is 1680x1050, and i work with fluid designs, so i only noticed when i showed it to a friend.

I took some screenshots at 1024x, so you could see better.
Notice that, the blue and red, indicate the columns. Nothing is adjusted (Sizes, and positions)
This screenshots are 100%.

www.andrecatita.com/2.jpg
www.andrecatita.com/1.jpg

Temporary fix: Still not using Scrolling, but set a div with overflow, it's not as pretty, but it works.

Hope I explained myself clearly, if you need anything else, say.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin
    If you open the Firebug console on this page, and cause DataTables to draw a couple of time (sort / filter etc), do you get any console messages from DataTables? I'm going to guess that you have sScrollXInner set and it's just not set to a high enough number - but I could be wrong :-)

Allan
  • hozthozt Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I had it set, and while i tried big values, i went over to 700% today.
    It nearly fixed it, but there was huge gaps of course.

Then I accidentally removed it, and it fixed it, in all browsers.
    Like perfectly adjusted without it, everything without gaps.
    Heh - funny how these things happen :-). Without sScrollXInner DataTables will let the table take up as much space as need - but with sScrollXInner it will force it to the given width. Which to use depends on the effect you want - good to hear you got it working.

Allan
  • hozthozt Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 0
    You're such a cool guy.
    I'll be donating a couple beers again soon.

In the example i misunderstood what it said about sScrollXInner, i didn't even think it was an option to remove it.
    :-). Mmmmm - beer.... ;-)

I think I might need to update my example! I'll have a look at how to make that clearer.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.