not enough storage is available to complete this operation on IE11

not enough storage is available to complete this operation on IE11

rrojasrrojas Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have a datatable that shows a large number of records ( around 7000 or more). Everything works perfect on FF and Chrome but IE. In IE i get the following message "not enough storage is available to complete this operation". I was researching seems like IE has problems with large amount of data in memory.
Does anyone have some suggestions?... I retrieve that data using ajax. I am in middle of trying to figure it out but I would like to know if there is some one that had the same issue and found a solution. My current approach is get the data from the ajax call and then save it into the browser indexedDB and then from there pass it to the datatable.... I am not sure if that will work.

Please any suggestions?

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

Why do you save the data into the browser's indexedDB?

• rrojasrrojas Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited April 2015

Well I don't... yet. But I am struggling with IE. Like I said. Firefox and Chrome works just fine getting data from ajax call straight to datatable. Never had problems with those browsers... but IE on the other hand it's complaining about the large amount of data. So the indexedDB was my only choice... and I dont know if is gonna work. I am asking for suggestions if there is someone that had the same issue.

So indexedDb will be as a temporary repository for the data coming from the ajax call then at the time the populate the datatable I will get the data from the indexedDB to avoid the 'lack of memory from IE'... does that make sense?

This discussion has been closed.