SmartAdmin framework and customizing the styling for DataTables and Editor

SmartAdmin framework and customizing the styling for DataTables and Editor

atcclearsatcclears Posts: 24Questions: 7Answers: 0

I'm using the SmartAdmin v1.5.2 framework. I reverted back to the base .js files from DataTables in order to get Editor to work. No problem.

Now I'd like to style the Editor and DataTables. I've downloaded a few sample .css files from the website here, but I seem to not get the desired effects. I'm wondering if what shipped with SmartAdmin is overriding it all (similar to the problem I had with Editor).

Has anyone accomplished this? Any tips or guidance?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,119 Site admin

I haven't used SmartAdmin myself so I can't say I'm afraid, but if you can give me a link to the page I can take a look and see what is happening.

Allan

• atcclearsatcclears Posts: 24Questions: 7Answers: 0

Allan, I would but the project is confidential... so I can't expose it to you.

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,119 Site admin

No problem, although I'm afraid there isn't much help that I can offer other than to suggest checking the source to ensure that the required CSS files are being loaded and also your browser console to make sure there are no loading errors.

Allan

• atcclearsatcclears Posts: 24Questions: 7Answers: 0
    edited June 2015

I got this resolved after buying some support credits and getting Allan to peek at it for me.

In the table HTML I had class="display"

What I really needed was class="table table-striped table-bordered table-hover"

Now things are working great with DataTables, the Editor, and the SmartAdmin framework.

If you're using the SmartAdmin framework, please see my other posting on here (search for "smartadmin") about having to swap out the DataTables .js files that are shipped with SmartAdmin, and reverting to the unmodified versions provided on the DataTables website.

This discussion has been closed.