If "scrollX": false is set then the column(thead and tbody) alignment is distorted

If "scrollX": false is set then the column(thead and tbody) alignment is distorted

raafaraafa Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

My issue is quite common here. And I have tried too many things but to no avail.

I am simply setting the "scrollX": false since in IE 9 it is giving me the horizontal scroller and I do not need it. But as soon as I set it there is a distortion between the table body and the table header. It is very minute in Chrome however in IE 9 it is quite visible.

I have not done anything fancy with the CSS or the API.

Any ideas on how this can be resolved??

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,118 Site admin

There is a bug with scrollX being set to false in that it actually enables scrolling... This commit from a few days ago resolves the issue and the nightly has that fix in it now.

I'm not sure that setting scrollX: false was that common an issue to be honest - I wasn't aware that it caused issues until a few days ago (since it is off by default, most don't set it to false).

Allan

• raafaraafa Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Great Plugin!!!

Honestly I did not face that. I had the horizontal scroll bar in IE9. It was not there in Chrome. Upon googling I stumbled upon scrollX and I set it to false.

My issue is - when i set the scrollX to false there is a distortion in the column header and body. The column width doesn't align properly.

raafa~

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,118 Site admin

Yes, scrollX cannot be false in anything other than the very latest version. If you are using the 1.10.8-dev nightly and are still having problems, please link to the page so I can debug it.

Allan

• raafaraafa Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks Allan.

As silly as it may sound, the columns got aligned once I added "scrollCollapse": true,

This discussion has been closed.