Same problem as: Table Tools Print View shows "Processing..."

Same problem as: Table Tools Print View shows "Processing..."

tom_supergantom_supergan Posts: 8Questions: 1Answers: 0

The reported problem in closed discussion in October 2009 at
http://www.datatables.net/forums/discussion/771/table-tools-print-view-shows-processing-after-escape
still occurs for me. There was no fix mentioned, so I don't know why the discussion was closed without a fix, or how not post a duplicate question in this case.

Here is the sequence to create the problem:
1) Click the TableTools button "Print"
2) (optional) View and/or print the reformatted web page
3) Hit Esc key to return to original layout of page
At this point, a semi-transparent box appears with the word "Processing..." centered over the DataTable. There is no more processing going on and the message never goes away.

Question remains: How to get rid of that "Processing..." box? It isn't even needed at this point and it doesn't turn back off.
A better implementation would have been to print a similar box over the Print page telling the user to hit "Esc" to exit back to original format. (One page does flash by, but it should stick until the user hits "Esc" as an indicator that the user is still in the middle of an on-going action.)

I executed the Debug bookmarklet so you can view the plugin levels I am using: ehowow

Answers

• tom_supergantom_supergan Posts: 8Questions: 1Answers: 0

After installing jQuery 1.11.4, all tables got the Processing.. overlay with no known way of getting rid of it. Looks like jQuery added a function to handle something in iOS which threw an exception while Datatables initializes the Search box (line 3000 in version 1.10.5). Reverted back to jQuery 1.11.1 and that new problem went away.

Noticed I had my tables defaulted to "processing" : true for large tables, but I have only seen the Processing... overlay appear during bugs. So now I know I don't need that setting, turned it off, and now it doesn't appear after using the TableTools Print function.

The problem still exists, but the work-around is to disable the "Processing..." overlay, which is the default ("processing" : false).

This discussion has been closed.