How do I change field width

How do I change field width

drahcir77drahcir77 Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

I used generator to make a database Editor, I have read the directions but I still don't understand. How do I change the width of a field ?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,776Questions: 1Answers: 10,112 Site admin

Hi,

You could use something like this in your CSS:

div.DTE_Field input { width: ...; }

Allan

• drahcir77drahcir77 Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

I looked in the css files and I don't see where I can just make one column larger. it is the 5th column of the data.

what should I look for ?

Oh I see - this is in the DataTable and not the Editor fields?

What I would suggest in that case is using the columns.className option to assign a class name to the cells in a column. Then in the CSS add a rule to work with whatever class name you select: td.myClass { width: 25% } for example.

Allan

I have been trying to find where I change the option's. I am very new but a quick learner once I get a feel for what is what.

Answer ✓

There are a column of examples in the columns.className documentation. Also have a read through the manual section on options.

Allan

Ok, I am still not making myself clear. I understand the code. But where do I put this code. I have tried a number of places and it has not worked for me. Do I put the code into the table.cmsdata.js or the php file (I don't think so but had to include the choice, or as a script in the html file. I have tried both the .js and .html and nothing happens.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

But where do I put this code.

Which code are you talking about?

the columns.className etc. When I read the examples I think I see js code. But I have tried to make it work with no joy. just need to know where to place the code from the examples and I will be on my way

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394
    Answer ✓

That goes in your DataTables initialization script. Allan gave you links to the relevant documentation.

thank you

This discussion has been closed.