Editor + selectize plugin - Error!!!

Editor + selectize plugin - Error!!!

almircamposalmircampos Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0

Dears,

The code below was created by copying the example codes from the Editor and the DataTables. It's throwing following error...

TypeError: this.s.type is undefined

var fn = this.s.type[ name ]

... which is in the line 434 of the dataTables.editor.js:

_typeFn: function ( name /*, ... */ ) { // Remove the name from the arguments list, so the rest can be passed // straight into the field type var args = Array.prototype.slice.call( arguments ); args.shift(); // Insert the options as the first parameter - all field type methods // take the field's configuration object as the first parameter args.unshift( this.s.opts ); var fn = this.s.type[ name ]; // This is the line 434 that is throwing an error. if ( fn ) { return fn.apply( this.s.host, args ); } } };

The error disappear when I drop the following code from the program:

{
                            "label": "Priority:",
                            "name": "priority",
                            "type": "selectize",
                            "options": [
                                {"label": "1 (highest)", "value": "1"},
                                {"label": "2", "value": "2"},
                                {"label": "3", "value": "3"},
                                {"label": "4", "value": "4"},
                                {"label": "5 (lowest)", "value": "5"}
                            ] }

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Additional information:

a) I have a developer license of the Editor;
b) The loaded json data is the same found at https://editor.datatables.net/examples/simple/simple.html
c) All the scripts and css codes are loading correctly.

Here is the full code:

<%@page contentType="text/html" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <!-- CSS !--> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"> <link href="//cdn.datatables.net/1.10.6/css/jquery.dataTables.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <link href="//cdn.datatables.net/tabletools/2.2.4/css/dataTables.tableTools.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <link href="/Editor-1.4.2/css/dataTables.editor.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <link href="../css/selectize.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/> <!-- SCRIPTS !--> <script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script> <script src="//cdn.datatables.net/1.10.6/js/jquery.dataTables.js" ></script> <script src="//cdn.datatables.net/tabletools/2.2.4/js/dataTables.tableTools.min.js" ></script> <script src="/Editor-1.4.2/js/dataTables.editor.js" ></script> <script src="../js/selectize.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <title>JSP Page</title> </head> <body> <div class="wrapperDiv"> <table id="example" class="display" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <thead> <tr> <th>Name</th> <th>Position</th> <th>Office</th> <th>Extn.</th> <th>Start date</th> <th>Salary</th> </tr> </thead> <tfoot> <tr> <th>Name</th> <th>Position</th> <th>Office</th> <th>Extn.</th> <th>Start date</th> <th>Salary</th> </tr> </tfoot> </table> </div> <script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function () { editor = new $.fn.dataTable.Editor({ ajax: "", table: "#example", fields: [{ label: "First name:", name: "first_name" }, { label: "Last name:", name: "last_name" }, { label: "Position:", name: "position" }, { label: "Office:", name: "office" }, { label: "Extension:", name: "extn" }, { label: "Start date:", name: "start_date", type: "date" }, { label: "Salary:", name: "salary" }, { "label": "Priority:", "name": "priority", "type": "selectize", "options": [ {"label": "1 (highest)", "value": "1"}, {"label": "2", "value": "2"}, {"label": "3", "value": "3"}, {"label": "4", "value": "4"}, {"label": "5 (lowest)", "value": "5"} ] } ] }); $('#example').DataTable({ dom: "Tfrtip", ajax: "data.json", columns: [ {data: null, render: function (data, type, row) { // Combine the first and last names into a single table field return data.first_name + ' ' + data.last_name; }}, {data: "position"}, {data: "office"}, {data: "extn"}, {data: "start_date"}, {data: "salary", render: $.fn.dataTable.render.number(',', '.', 0, '$')} ], tableTools: { sRowSelect: "os", aButtons: [ {sExtends: "editor_create", editor: editor}, {sExtends: "editor_edit", editor: editor}, {sExtends: "editor_remove", editor: editor} ] } }); }); </script> </body> </html>

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I don't see where you are loading the Editor / Selectize plug-in from here. Is that being loaded?

Allan

• almircamposalmircampos Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi, Allan.

I took hours trying to solve the problem and just a couple of minutes after posting the question on the forum I found the solution.

The problem was very simple: the javascript code detailed here was missing (the same you're talking about).

Sorry for the big posting and the late comment.

• leprimoleprimo Posts: 25Questions: 4Answers: 0
    edited August 2015

I get the same error. What is the best order to include the scripts?
    in my case, it looks like:

<script src="../layout/scripts/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script src="../layout/scripts/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
    <script src="../layout/scripts/jquery.dataTables.min.js"></script>
    <script src="../layout/scripts/dataTables.tableTools.min.js"></script>
    <script src="../layout/scripts/dataTables.editor.min.js"></script>
    <script src="../layout/scripts/selectize.js"></script>
    <script src="../layout/scripts/editor.selectize.js"></script> 

@leprimo - That looks correct. Could you give me a link to the page so I can take a look and see what is going wrong?

Thanks,
    Allan

• leprimoleprimo Posts: 25Questions: 4Answers: 0

Thanks for your efforts,
    I've send login-data with contact-form.
    BR
    Dirk

Fantastic - thanks. This is a versioning issue - I'll add a note to the Editor site about this for the plug-ins shortly, but what the issue is is that the plug-in code you are using is designed for Editor 1.5, but you have Editor 1.4.2.

To fix, it is actually quite easy. Change:

var _fieldTypes = DataTable.ext.editorFields;

To:

var _fieldTypes = DataTable.Editor.fieldTypes;

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.