Requested unknown parameter '2' for row 3

Requested unknown parameter '2' for row 3

fortissimofortissimo Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I know I'm supposed to provide a link, but the password-protected page has sensitive information, I don't know enough about the inner workings of this program to be able to use DataTables live or JS Fiddle, and I get a "DataTables not available on this page" error (perhaps from BitDefender?), even after I temporarily disabled BitDefender's protection.

I wish I could attach a screenshot, but unfortunately this forum apparently does not allow it. I took a screen clipping of the first 4 rows of the table with sensitive information Photoshopped out, all for nothing (I assumed I could do attachments).

I have a very simple table that is 4 columns, 29 rows. Row 1 is the header that reads:

Student Parent(s) Phone E-mail

Literally every other row of the table looks something like this:

Joe Jane & Jim (123) 456-7890 janejim@abcdefg.xyz

... or this:

Jack see Joe #colspan# #colspan#

For years the table was fine, but I suddenly started getting this error. I've tried deleting row 3 and re-creating it from scratch. I've tried inserting rows before it. Nothing works. None of the characters I've typed into the table could possibly act as escape sequences (the most exotic character anywhere would be the "&" symbol in the "Parent(s)" field), nor have I set any settings of the table in such a way that rows and columns would conflict with the data there.

Ideally what I'd like to do is give the password to access this page to one of the developers - I can't post it on a public forum. If a developer could look at the e-mail address in my account and send me an e-mail, I can send a link with the password.

Thank you,
Chad

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,938Questions: 1Answers: 10,157 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Chad,

colspan# #colspan

That's the issue right there. DataTables does not support colspan in the tbody I'm sorry to say. Doing so would add a lot of complexity and code weight to the library.

Allan

• fortissimofortissimo Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Yay! Thanks so much - that fixed it instantly.

How strange though - I surely would have thought to try deleting the #colspan# instances if only the error had pointed to a line with a #colspan# in it... but confusingly, the first #colspan# instance occurred in row 5, while the error was reported in row 3 (a perfectly good row that wasn't any different than row 2 or row 4... why would it report such a weird row for an error?).

Thanks again,
    Chad

• allanallan Posts: 61,938Questions: 1Answers: 10,157 Site admin

The row number given in the error is the data index order - i.e. the index from where the row was read in - it is generally unlikely to match the display order index. That might be the cause of the discrepancy.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.