row().child.show() event

row().child.show() event

roseffendiroseffendi Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

Is there any event fired when row().child.show() executed and all dom already on placed ?
Needed to rebind another plugins to some cell.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,950Questions: 1Answers: 10,158 Site admin

No - this issue was asked (by yourself?) on github earlier and as I stated there, no there isn't at this time since the child row is under control of the calling software, so it would generally know when it is displayed so there is no need for DataTables to emit an event.

Allan

• roseffendiroseffendi Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

Yes, since i don't quite understand the answer and you tell me to ask a question here so i brought the question here. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

The child row is under control to show but it looks like need to recollect child content and place it to dom. So i think there is a time gap between child show action till it completely shown. How i can re attach plugin to some cell when i don't know when it will completely take a place in dom ?

DataTables itself doesn't control the content of the child row, so if there is a time delay that is introduced by whatever function is creating the data to be shown, it is that core that would either need to emit an event or provide a callback.

To be able to help further, I think I would need to be able to see the page you are working on to understand why there would be a time delay.

Allan

Here it is.
    I write on live.datatables, i give some comment there.

http://live.datatables.net/posobiwu/1/edit?html,js,output

If you are using server-side processing, then just listen for draw. However, I don't see anything in the code about child rows so it probably isn't as simple as that.

Allan

Code of child rows lies behind responsive extension on line 474.

row.child( info, 'child' ).show();

May be this time i had to do some work-around.
    Thanks you.

edited September 2015

responsive extension

Ah. I had no idea you were using Responsive. I understand now.

Yes, I see the issue there - I think Responsive should probably trigger an event. I will look into adding that shortly. I'll post back here when done.

Allan

I glad to know it.
    I'll wait for the change.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.