Excel like editable grid.

Excel like editable grid.

ahkahk Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello Folks,

Can I use this datatable as Excel like editable spreadsheet ? please give some sample examples.

Thanks.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,943Questions: 1Answers: 10,157 Site admin

Like this?

Allan

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75
    Answer ✓

@ahk, what is your end goal here?

If you are trying to manage anything, for example, managing servers, projects, employees, etc etc, and just want to add some excel LIKE features (Auto fill, KeyTable, etc), then I would say use DataTables Editor, as Allan posted above.

If you are looking to not manage data in rows, but something much more dynamic instead, that doesnt rely on actual rows/items, your best bet is Hands-On-Table, which is another jQuery/JS plugin.

However.... Don't make the mistake I did and think that you have to choose one or the other... What I'm doing is using DataTable to manage assets, then using Hands-On-Table to allow users to create "WebSheets", which is exactly what you are describing, and allows them to customize the data thats managed by DataTables.

Im not sure if you know what Splunk is, but its an enterprise level application that manages hundreds of thousands, even millions of log entries, thus, HUUUUUGE data sources, and it uses both Hands-On-Table AND DataTable, thats actually how I found out about both of them. I was curious what software/scripts/plugins/libraries that such a solid and well known application uses, so I found Hands-On-Table and DataTables listed in their Third Party Apps

This discussion has been closed.