Multiple tables affecting each other.

Multiple tables affecting each other.

KimvdLindeKimvdLinde Posts: 30Questions: 8Answers: 0
edited September 2015 in Free community support

I have two HTML tables corresponding with two SQL tables. I need to achieve the following:

1. The first table is a list of entries with an amount and a dropdown select box to choose which category they belong to.
  2. The second table contains the summed totals for each category, followed by several columns with amounts that ultimately sum up to the same amount as in the category totals.
  3. Upon change of the first table, the sums in the second table need to be updated.
  4. The same values need to be updated on the server. I can think of two ways to achieve this:
  • The first is to generate the key value pairs using javascript, and submit that to the ajax method for the second table. But I cannot find where I can specify which table the ajax call results refer to.
  • The second is to use multiSet, which throws a "TypeError: multiIds is undefined dataTables.editor.js:382:4", but only the first time. Once I have edited the second table, this error is not thrown, but in all cases, the cell in question has not been updated. Also, does multiset call the ajax method?

Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.