Moving the data tables lightbox modal/dialog popup as its own plugin

Moving the data tables lightbox modal/dialog popup as its own plugin

sksallajsksallaj Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

When using the trial version of the editor (soon will buy), whenever you wanted to create, edit, or remove rows, a dialog box would open. It has its own theme/skin, the look and feel is great, as it is also responsive. However, I don't use the datatables editor in all of my pages, and I'd like to keep the theme "together". As far as I know, datatables.net doesn't offer a plugin to use the lightbox dialog, as long as you are within the realm of datatables, then you can use the dialog box. I am not particularly fond of creating my own dialog to match what datatables already provides, and I'm also not fond of using another library that provides dialog boxes that has a different theme.

It'd be great if we have this as a separate plugin to allow us uniformity in our themes.

Replies

• sksallajsksallaj Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Btw.. I know the editor has something called displayController, but as far as I can tell from examples, it's coupled with having a table. All I'm really asking for is having it independent from the table itself, so I can render Header, Body, and Footer messages. Unless there's already a way I can use editor without having to create a table.

• sksallajsksallaj Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited September 2015

Thought this was the answer:

https://editor.datatables.net/examples/standalone/collection.html

But it did decouple from an html table, however, you can't edit the body of the dialog box and present it the way you'd like. Would be nice if that could be possible.

Also, can we move this post to the "Feature requests"?

This discussion has been closed.