Class for selected rows no longer configurable

Class for selected rows no longer configurable

robross0606robross0606 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

The old TableTools allowed the "sSelectedClass" to control the class selector on table rows. This has been removed which makes it very difficult to fight cascading styles on rows if you just want to side-step the built-in theme. Moreover, there appears to be a bug when you use the "Download builder" to create a combined file. It incorrectly still writes the regular datatables styles into the CSS file even if you want Bootstrap styling but don't want to include the Bootstrap CSS.

Is there a hidden option for this other than writing my own JS to overwrite the default "selected" class?

Answers

• robross0606robross0606 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

I would say the real problem is the bug in the Download Builder because it results in a generated CSS file that fights the default styling of Bootstrap even though I selected Bootstrap styling in the Builder but don't want it to include all the Bootstrap code in the compiled file. The Builder is quite buggy. It even directly references fixed paths to a specific version of Bootstrap (3.3.5). It also still gives you a local download of individual files even if you request a single file.

• robross0606robross0606 Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

My solution for now was to comment out all the "selected" selectors in the generated CSS file because they're unnecessary for Bootstrap styling.

This discussion has been closed.