DataTables (or a plugin) 1.10.9 IE8 Compatibility

DataTables (or a plugin) 1.10.9 IE8 Compatibility

Chris HopkinsChris Hopkins Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 0

Using IE8 i am getting compatibility issues as dataTables is using methods that do not exist in IE8. I do believe i read that everything should be at least IE8 compat (extensions etc dont go back to IE6).

I cannot post a URL as its password protected + js fiddle is no good as the issue only appears with data from an ajax source, but its quite obvious what the issue is as its fixable with some polyfills.

I am using the following dataTables JS https://cdn.datatables.net/r/dt/jszip-2.5.0,pdfmake-0.1.18,dt-1.10.9,b-1.0.3,b-colvis-1.0.3,b-flash-1.0.3,b-html5-1.0.3,b-print-1.0.3/datatables.js

on line 29016 Object.keys & forEach are used, both of which are unavialable in IE8.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    edited September 2015 Answer ✓

The issue is most likely in the thirdparty pdfmake library (although checking the error console in your browser for where the error occurs will confirm if that is the case (edit - just checked from the line number you give and this is indeed the case). Try also not including pdfmake.

its a bit frustrating that it uses that in its init code since it means including the file in IE8 and lower will throw an error. I've created a pdfmake issue although I wouldn't be surprised if it is turned down.

DataTables core is compatible back to IE6 (for now) and all of its extensions are IE8+. Third party libraries such as pdfmake are outside of my control.

Allan

• Chris HopkinsChris Hopkins Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 0

Ah yes my bad, works perfectly without all the extra plugins (which i was not actually using on that page anyway).

Thanks for the quick and awesome support as always.

This discussion has been closed.