Datatable editor becomes unresponsive after x clicks

Datatable editor becomes unresponsive after x clicks

KimvdLindeKimvdLinde Posts: 30Questions: 8Answers: 0

This is a very annoying bug, and that is that data tables seems to freak out and become unresponsive at times after a random number of clicks. For other reasons, I had already added a console.log at line 4083 of editor (Editor.prototype._blur) which normally gives one line in the console, but when the system becomes unresponsive, the number increases each time I try to edit a cell. I can get out of the unresponsiveness in two ways. One is to reload, the second is to go to one of the other four tables, as they are responsive and after i open a cell to edit in the second table and go back to the first table, the first table is responsive again.

I will send the url and login information by e-mail.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for the e-mail. I've just replied with a question about where to go once logged in. I'll post back here once I know where the table that shows the problem is.

Regards,
    Allan

• KimvdLindeKimvdLinde Posts: 30Questions: 8Answers: 0

See your e-mail.

• KimvdLindeKimvdLinde Posts: 30Questions: 8Answers: 0

Again this was resolved by e-mail:

"It looks like the error is related to two different tables being on the same page, both with inline editing. This is something that Editor should handle of course, but it looks like it currently doesn't.

If you look in the Editor source file you'll find the following line in the _tidy method:

else if ( $('div.DTE_Inline' ).length || this.display() === 'inline' ) {

Could you change it to simply be:

else if ( this.display() === 'inline' ) {

I believe that should address the issue (it certainly should fix the Javascript error that is occurring on the page when switching between the tables)."

Once I applied this fix, the problem disappeared.

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Thanks for posting our findings here.

The fix described above will be included in Editor 1.5.2.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.