Datatable's built-in buttons not working with safari browser

Datatable's built-in buttons not working with safari browser

jigneshifourjigneshifour Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

hi,
i have used Datatable's built-in buttons in my website, that is working fine in every browser except safari for me. so if you can do anything for me, please let me know.

Thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,252Questions: 1Answers: 10,420 Site admin

Can you ink to the page please so we can take a look? For example, which buttons specifically are you using? It is worth noting that Safari's file creation and downloading abilities are very limited at the moment due to this WebKit bug. As such the excelHtml5 button type is not supported in Safari, which is noted in the documentation.

Allan

• jigneshifourjigneshifour Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited September 2015

Thanks Allan for reply.

its working on actual mac machine with safari browser. but one thing is that, it was not able to open Save File Dialog box, directly csv file was loaded in to new tab. i will need to open Save File Dialog box for that. so please help me to resolve this issue.

Many thanks,
    Jignesh

• allanallan Posts: 63,252Questions: 1Answers: 10,420 Site admin

Yup - that is exactly the bug I linked to above. This is a limitation in Safari. If you need this feature I would suggest using Apple's feedback tools to ask them to fix that WebKit bug. There is nothing I can do about it I'm afraid (I'm not a WebKit hacker and wouldn't have a clue where to start in the WebKit code base to fix it!).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.