Editor Select All

Editor Select All

dianeinfloridadianeinflorida Posts: 8Questions: 3Answers: 0

I am using the most recent versions of Editor, DataTables, Select, & Buttons. For some reason when I user SelectAll only the first 10, or only the ones shown on the current page are selected. I am using serverSide processing. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,118 Site admin

I am using serverSide processing

This is the key part. The row selection in Select is client-side, so it can only see the rows which are present in the client-side (i.e. the ones on the displayed page). If you wanted a select all with server-side processing to select all rows in the database you would need to implement row selection at the server-side, which adds a fair amount of complication!

I'm afraid the only other option is to disable server-side processing. How many rows are you using?

Allan

• dianeinfloridadianeinflorida Posts: 8Questions: 3Answers: 0

Yes - that's going to need server-side processing I'm afraid.

What is it you want to do with the rows? If its delete all, then what you could do is send a custom Ajax call to the server that will simply do a TRUNCATE on the table. An update could be similar.

Allan

No it is for exporting Data.

Answer ✓

Okay - in that case you really need to have the server-side create the export files. You could have the client-side do it, but since that would require loading the full data set into the client-side, any benefit you get from server-side processing would be completely negated.

Allan

Thanks Allan! Editor was worth every cent!

This discussion has been closed.