Server-side processing in XS Engine (SAP HANA)

Server-side processing in XS Engine (SAP HANA)

andrecr12andrecr12 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hello colleagues,

I'd just like to share with you a small library I developed to provide Server-Side Processing when using XS Engine, a built-in web server for SAP HANA platform. This is shared in a GitHub repository.

For those who is not familiar with this platform, HANA is an in-memory SQL database developed by SAP, which contains different services included. The XS Engine is a web server developed for small web applications whose development is made with JavaScript (similiar but not equal to NodeJS - however, they intend to bring NodejS to HANA soon).

As one of the main goals of HANA is to deal with a large size of data with great performance, applying DataTables with Server-Side Processing is crucial to leverage the user-experience while dealing with lots of data.
During the development of this library, I was able to play with a table of about 1 billion rows with very small delay during their read operations.

The repository is this: github.com/andrecr12/HanaXSDataTable

There're some examples there of how to develop XSJS services using it.

Hope this is useful for someone. If any bug is found, please let me know.

Andre

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

Hi Andre,

Very nice! Thanks for sharing this with us. I'd not heard of XS Engine before but I'll take a look now - it looks interesting!

1 billion rows - awesome!

I've added your library to the news links on the DataTables home page. One small point - you might was to consider adding a license to your code so people know how and where they can use it.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.