Some rows in data not included in search results... not sure why

Some rows in data not included in search results... not sure why

glawrieglawrie Posts: 18Questions: 3Answers: 0
edited October 2015 in Free community support

I have a DataTable installation that creates a simplified view of a larger table (most columns are hidden).

The search / filter is in general highly effective at finding rows within the data, and searches across visible and hidden columns / using default search settings.

But the search results exclude information from (at least) one row in its operations.
I am not sure why this is, or what to do about it.

It is probably something obvious / poor execution on my part - but I would be grateful for any help / advice on how to fix.

I am using DataTables 1.10.7

The table is initialled using the following options:

// initialize
        var datatable = $table.dataTable({
            "ColumnDefs" : [
                { "orderable" : false, "Targets" :  0 },
                { "Searchable" : false, "Targets" :  0 }
                ],
            "order": [
                [1, 'asc']
            ]
        });

You can test out the problem by visiting this URL - http://2gc.eu/resources/software-database

To test search to find a row enter any term (try, for example, Lawson - if you do you should see the table filter to give one result based on a term found in the Vendor column).

To test search with the 'missing' row try entering "applied" in the search box - you get no results at all.

Scroll through to the 7th screen of results, and you will see an entry "Strategy Map Balanced Scorecard" by firm "Applied PC Systems Ltd". Somehow this entry (and possibly others) is being excluded from the search results, and this is what I am trying to fix.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Answers

• glawrieglawrie Posts: 18Questions: 3Answers: 0

Well I appear to have found a fix. One paragraph in one of the fields of the entry that was not being found ended with  . - removing the   fixed the problem with the entry. Why this worked is not clear - the following paragraph in the same block of text also ended with these two characters, and including or excluding these made no difference to the problem.

Weird beans.

This discussion has been closed.