help me out soon.

Answers

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75
    edited November 2015

This isnt even related to datatables.

A 4 word thread post?... >.<

• rohit_singhrohit_singh Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

http://editor.datatables.net/examples/simple/simple.html
    @jLinux bro can you please tell me how to insert,edit or delete row in datatables and why they are using php code.

I don't have editor, sorry... But I know @allan made it as easy to use as he could.

No offense, but I'm guessing you put about as much work into trying to figure it out, as you did asking for help in your initial post... lol...

"They" are using PHP code for the backend, you can use any language, DT includes PHP and ASP.NET, but you can code it in any language you want. The server side code is basically a "bonus", the real gem is the jQuery code, the Editor plugin for DataTables.

All editor basically does is send commands and data to a designated server side script, which handles the data, then sends the response back to Editor... Which then updates the table accordingly. But Editor does rely on a server side script of some sort

Did you even read this?..

i gone through by your text...can we edit our datatable using jquery or ajax instead of php.

Are you asking if you can update a Database without using ServerSide code?.. No.

Im going to try and be as delicate as I can with this, but it seems like you're really just missing the required knowledge on Web Development all together. This forum is to help people who are having issues with setting up the plugin, such as running into an error in the process, or trying to create their own plugin, or getting a feature setup, etc etc. It doesn't sound like you need help with that, you're looking for someone to help you set it up from scratch, and even teach you some of the programming language required.

The DataTables plugin is setup to be as easy to use as possible, but its still not a drag and drop kinda thing, especially for Editor, you need some type of web development knowledge..

So I apologize, but this doesn't sound like the kinda thing we can support, unless im wrong in assuming the above

thnkx alot bro for your time....i will enhance knowledge level

No worries.

The basic DataTables (Just jQuery plugin) is very easy to use, requires very little scripting skill. Editor on the other hand (which I admittedly havent used, but do know about), requires more, since it takes data from the client side, then hands it to the server side code, which updates data in the database, it requires more than just jQuery, you need to know jQuery, then a server side language, and how to work with DB queries.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.