Show hidden row data

Show hidden row data

CrimsonGTCrimsonGT Posts: 7Questions: 4Answers: 0

Currently I have 2 tables, one DataTable with a list of players and a second standard table that these players can be added to. When the "+" button is selected, the row is hidden using .hide() in the DataTable and the second is populated. When they are removed from the second table using "x", I need to show the original row in the DataTable once again. I thought this would be as simple as using .show() on the row but for whatever reason it isn't working.

As this hide/show are in fact used in several DataTable examples on this site, I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. The #tbl_lineup in the code below is the standard table they are being removed from and #tbl_players is the DataTable where the row is hidden and I need to show it again. table.row( index ).data(); has the correct information so I know the row is correct, I just can't get it to display.

$('#tbl_lineup tbody').on( 'click', 'button', function()
    {
        // Get the Parent Table Row
        var row = $(this).parents('tr');

// Get the Player's ID from the first (hidden) column
        var player_id = row.find("td").eq(0).html();

// Get the Player's Salary and strip the dollar sign
        var player_salary = row.find("td").eq(5).html();
        player_salary = player_salary.replace("$", "");

// Update the Total Salary to remove this Player
        var salary = parseInt($('#total_salary').html()) - parseInt(player_salary);
        $('#total_salary').html(salary);

var count = 0;

// Empty all of the cells for this except the Position (Static)
        row.find('td').each(function()
        {
            if (count != 1)
            {
                $(this).html('');
            }

count++;
        });

$('#tbl_players tr').filter(function()
        {
            var filterData = table.column(0).data().filter( function ( value, index )
            {
                if (value === player_id)
                {
                    table.row( index ).show();
                }
            });
        });

});

Answers

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75

You have to check on the status of the child node first, to determine if you need to run show() or hide(). I see youre calling show() every time.. where is hide() called? Im on my cell, so maybe i missed it

This discussion has been closed.