Documentation is buggy for "highlighting via CSS" example

Documentation is buggy for "highlighting via CSS" example

parkeparke Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2010 in Bug reports
Hi,

I believe this page of documentation is incorrect:
http://datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/highlight.html

Here are the reason I believe the page is incorrect:

1. The example is titled "highlighting via CSS", yet Javascript code is shown to be used.

2. The Javascript code that is shown is not actually used on that page, nor does the shown Javascript code deliver the desired result if you actually use it.

3. The shown javascript code is exactly the same as the code from the other "highlighting" example (which highlights both rows and columns). In the other "highlighting" example, the code is both shown and used.

4. To actually get CSS row highlighting to work, I had to wrap my table with a . This is all I had to do, and this is not described in the documentation (at least not that I can see).

5. It might be nice if the documentation for both examples described any class'ed div's that need to be used to achieve the desired result.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Hi parke,

All good points - thanks for pointing out that this example had been butchered a bit! I've updated it now and hopefully it will prove more useful.

The reason for "ex_highlight_row" is simply so I can use the same CSS file for all examples, but apply highlighting only on tables that need it in the examples (i.e. this one). Typically I'd recommend removing it and customisaing the css a bit for your needs.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.