Is there any way that i could fix the size of the column and use tooltip to get rest of the data

Is there any way that i could fix the size of the column and use tooltip to get rest of the data

Sameeksha123Sameeksha123 Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

I load my dataTable using a REST call on. Since dataTables columns are automatically adjusted. My table is not fitting to the view.
I want to use a tool tip so that when user hovers over the column data he can view the entire data.

Answers

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75

Datatables doesnt have tooltips, but theres plenty of plugins that will work juat fine.

...when user hovers over the column data he can view the entire data.

Is "entire data" the data for all the cells in the column? Or the rest of the hidden columns?

• Sameeksha123Sameeksha123 Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

I want to fix a particular column width. If data exceeds the width i want it to be visible when user hovers over it

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75

How can theyvhover over it if it iant there. Answer the question i asked in my last post..

Is "entire data" the data for all the cells in the column? Or the rest of the hidden columns?

"entire data" is particular cell data. There are no hidden columns.

Suppose in my table i have a column with header- "Name". Its characters size is fixed say 5 characters. If in my column if one of my cell data has more than 5 characters. i should see 5characters and rest of the characters when i hover over particular cell. Thanks for your help

I was bit confused. My issue got fixed using simple cell level tooltip. Thanks for your help

This discussion has been closed.