Pagination Fubars Post Response

Pagination Fubars Post Response

johnblythejohnblythe Posts: 92Questions: 21Answers: 2

Allan,

Congrats on the newborn!!

When I select a product with a select2 plugin in Editor it posts correctly and receives the right data back from the server. When it's a single page table it updates the row correctly. When it's multi page it does not.

It seems that Editor kicks the draw() in before our submitSuccess() starts/completes.

Is this a known bug or is it a result of how we're processing it? Here's the portion of our submitSuccess() that is going awry:

.on("submitSuccess", function(e, json, data) {
            var rowIds = json.ids;

// Update our originating row first and check pricing
            var dataSort = 0,
                offerId  = $(".updating").parent("tr").closest("table.dataTable").data("offerid");

// If we have multiple rows to edit then let's get to it
            _mpProjectedSpend = 0;
            if (rowIds.length > 0) {
                var dt = utility.getDt();
                $.each(rowIds, function(i, el) {

var tr;

$("tr").each(function() {
                        if (this.id == el) {
                            tr = $(this);
                        }
                    });

var row = dt.row( tr )
                    var rowData = row.data();

// Set the row's data to match our returned json
                    rowData.offerItem        = json.OfferVenIt;
                    rowData.offerDescription = json.OfferItDesc;
                    rowData.offerUom         = json.OfferUOM;
                    rowData.offerConversion  = json.OfferUOMConv;
                    rowData.offerPriceUom    = parseFloat(json.OfferPricePerUOM).toFixed(2);
                    rowData.projectedSpend   = utility.calculateProjectedSpend(rowData);

_mpProjectedSpend        = rowData.projectedSpend

// Update it officially
                    row.data(rowData);
                    row.invalidate().draw();

Thanks for any insight!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Could you clarify what you mean by it not working. What is happening and what did you expect to happen?

You are correct that the draw will occur before submitSuccess. You could use postCreate and postEdit if you want an event to occur before the draw, however, it looks like your function is changing the data that is returned from the server after Editor has already tried to use it. You could manipulate the data returned from the server using postSubmit which is probably a better option.

Allan

• johnblythejohnblythe Posts: 92Questions: 21Answers: 2

Hey Allan,

Sure. User selects a product from Select2, it sends the product ID to the server to grab all the relevant info, process how much quantity, price, etc. is applicable, and sends all that back which is what we then use to fill in the data. As you can see, the variables in the server side processing are named differently which is probably the primary reason we went this route (been a while so I can't remember w certainty) of having to manipulate it after submission.

There is the option to create a new product (pulls up the usual Editor modal data entry view) as well as select one already in existence. I'll give the postSubmit callback a try, may have to split the two types' (create v. select) callbacks. Should get a chance to check this out today, will post back once I do so.

Thanks!

• johnblythejohnblythe Posts: 92Questions: 21Answers: 2

Thanks for the tip above, Allan. I tried postSubmit() with no luck. postEdit() however did just fine. Thanks!

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Great to hear - thanks for posting back.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.