Datepicker in Editor

Datepicker in Editor

ThanigaiThanigai Posts: 21Questions: 6Answers: 0

There was a problem in using datepicker in editor. Later when I check the examples, I was able to replicate in example provided in datatables.net as well.

In date picker, if you choose a month, the control automatically moves to top left corner. please check

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,823Questions: 1Answers: 10,129 Site admin

On this example if I select a month from the drop down the focus is automatically returned to the input element for that picker (which is expected). Is that not what you are seeing? If not, what are you seeing and what browser / OS are you using please?

Thanks,
    Allan

• ThanigaiThanigai Posts: 21Questions: 6Answers: 0

I am referring to datepicker while performing inline edit. I am using Windows8.1 and IE11
    This example: http://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/simple.html
    Pls try changing the month.

Answer ✓

I understand now - thanks for the clarification that the issue is apparent while inline editing. This is indeed a bug in the current release of Editor.

The issue is in how the date picker decides if the element is owned by itself or not. The fix has been committed and will be included in the next release, but if you want to apply it locally, find the following code in the Editor Javascript file:

owns: function ( conf, node ) {
            conf._picker.owns( node );
        },

and replace with:

owns: function ( conf, node ) {
            return conf._picker.owns( node );
        },

i.e. the return was missing in the 1.5.4 release (a regression error).

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Allan

Works perfectly! Thank you

There is also a minor issue while using IE8. please let know if you have a fix

-> the month dropdown doesn't appear completely. mostly hidden behind year dropdown.

edited December 2015

Could you try adding:

DIV.editor-datetime DIV.editor-datetime-label SELECT {
      -ms-filter: "alpha(opacity=0)";
    }

to your CSS. That should resolve the rendering error in IE8.

Allan

Could you please let know if there is any limitation for editor with IE8. I am not able to edit seamlessly in IE8. At times, the grid gets frozen and doesn't respond.

As far as I am aware, the issue discussed above is the only limitation in IE8. I've not encountered any freezing or performance issues (other than what would be expected in a browser that Microsoft no longer support ;-) ).

Is there a way to trigger what you are seeing?

Allan

Agreed.. I don't like IE8 either.. btw, when I update a cell, I refresh the row post update.
    IE8 is slow while refreshing the row (I have set the paging to 10 records and I have two pages).

One way to replicate is frequent updates. Especially, when you try to click a cell during the process of row refresh.

This discussion has been closed.