fnGetAdjacentTr for 1.10

fnGetAdjacentTr for 1.10

Pierce KrousePierce Krouse Posts: 40Questions: 8Answers: 1

I need to iterate my table rows based on current sort and filter criteria, and see that fnGetAdjacentTr is the plug-in to accomplish this.
I included the plugin like this:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf8" src="https://cdn.datatables.net/plug-ins/1.10.10/api/fnGetAdjacentTr.js"></script>

My table is initialized and used like this:

oTable = $('#lynx_table_1').DataTable(defaultOptions); 

From the example shown here:
https://www.datatables.net/plug-ins/api/fnGetAdjacentTr
I wrote my test code as follows:

var n1 = $('#lynx_table_1 tbody tr').eq(2)[0];
 var next = oTable.fnGetAdjacentTr( n1 );
 var prev = oTable.fnGetAdjacentTr( n1, false );

I verified that n1 is pointing at the proper row, but the next line throws the following error:
TypeError: oTable.fnGetAdjacentTr is not a function

Now, I realize that this plug-in is written in the pre-1.10 style, and I am using 1.10, but I thought that including the code, regardless of the style, would work across versions like this.

With 1.10, how do I call this 1.9x plug-in, or is my problem somewhere else?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• Pierce KrousePierce Krouse Posts: 40Questions: 8Answers: 1

I have a follow-on JQuery question.
    Once I get the adjacent row, will it be a tr object like the n1 object? And if so, how do I query this row for an element of a known class? I have an input type in the row that I need to get. Sorry for this elementary question, I am still learning JQuery.

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Answer ✓

With the 1.10 API I would suggest using table.rows( { search: 'applied', order: 'applied' } ).nodes().toArray(); to get an array of the nodes. Then you can simply use indexOf to find your target element and add one to its index.

And if so, how do I query this row for an element of a known class?

$.hasClass.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.