Is DataTables going to be ported to Angular2?

Is DataTables going to be ported to Angular2?

zxxzzxxz Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I am searching for a DataTables component that plays nicely with Angular2.

I understand that the current version of DataTables works only on jquery.

Is there any plan to have DataTables as Angular2 components?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Currently no - I don't have any plans personally to port DataTables away from depending on jQuery. That might change in future, but it isn't in my plans.

Have a look at angular-datatables which is a third party integration between DataTables and Angular (third party in the sense it was not written, nor is it supported, by myself).

Allan

• zxxzzxxz Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello Allan,

Thank you for your kind reply.

Is there another library (also commercial) that is as good as yours and is made for Angular 2?

Thanks again.

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

I don't know I'm afraid :-)

• zxxzzxxz Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks anyway :-) I will keep searching.

P.S. I am new to web development but your DataTables keeps popping up on pretty much every search I do and it comes always very recommended :-) I hope you will port it to Angular2. I would be immediately a paying user :-)

• mitali_patelmitali_patel Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited July 2016

Hi zxxz,

Have you found any data table that can work with angular 2?

• tdevttdevt Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

There's no reason this can't work with angular2 as is. You just have to construct the app to support jQuery plugins

• dasaki.grdasaki.gr Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I worked with DataTables years ago and i found that it was super fantastic. Truly it is really very flexible and ideal for most applications.
    DataTables was the key piece to succeed my master. But times have changed and I think we should leave jQuery and move to more hierarchical framework like angylar 2 with Typescript.
    It would be different if DataTables rewritten from scratch with components and Angular 2 logic.

• xatzistnrxatzistnr Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

You can load any external library from node modules. If you use angular-cli you can put it in the scripts section and it will bandle it for you. you can then initialise tables with datatables in ngOninit or anywhere else....

This discussion has been closed.