Export only visible rows with csv/pdf/print buttons?

Export only visible rows with csv/pdf/print buttons?

SansuiSansui Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 1

There seems to be some old information on the old TableTools for limiting exports to visible or selected rows, but I'm having a hard time finding the same kind of info for the new buttons. I see there is a plugin for limiting by column visibility, but what about rows? With a couple thousand rows I really only want the filtered set to show up in an export.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• SansuiSansui Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 1
    {
      extend: 'pdf',
      exportOptions: {
        rows: { selected: true }
      }
    }

On another thread I found this snippet about using the row selector with exportOptions. Instead of selected:true, could I set it to a jquery selector somehow?

• SansuiSansui Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

Found what seems to work. It doesn't export visible like I was thinking, but the actual filtered set, which is better.

"buttons": [ { extend: 'csv', text: 'CSV', exportOptions: { modifier: { search: 'applied' }}}, { extend: 'excel', text: 'Excel', exportOptions: { modifier: { search: 'applied' }}}, { extend: 'pdf', text: 'PDF', exportOptions: { modifier: { search: 'applied' }}}, { extend: 'print', text: 'Print visible', exportOptions: { modifier: { search: 'applied' }}} ]

This discussion has been closed.