Datatables Editor Update Button Issue

Datatables Editor Update Button Issue

fatmanfatman Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 1

Hi Guys,

has anyone from you could give some pointers to triage some minor annoyance on the user part that sometimes the user needs to click the update button twice to send the update on the server. I was able to reproduce the issue on firefox/chrome/safari/edge when this happen the modal window is not closing but the update were successful when I hit the refresh button.

But when the application is working the modal window is closing, tables.ajax.reload() is properly executed and the new data was updated.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

sometimes the user needs to click the update button twice to send the update on the server

Could you l ink to the page showing that error so I can debug the issue please? I'm not aware of a problem that would cause that, and I don't recall any other reports of this, so I'm afraid I don't have an immediate answer.

Allan

• fatmanfatman Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

please close, this I found the culprit it's a JS error on my end :) the error is not noticable at first glance because it's somehow erratic and hard to reproduce.

• bsukbsuk Posts: 92Questions: 26Answers: 2

I have this issue too. It's reproducible as it's always on first load of the page/standard editing window. After having to click twice, all subsequent edits work as expected (only one click is required). I'll post back when I find the cause of the issue.

• bsukbsuk Posts: 92Questions: 26Answers: 2

Solved it: You need to "return true;" in javascript if client validation passes.

This discussion has been closed.