Bug DOM

Bug DOM

Hendrik_SHendrik_S Posts: 24Questions: 10Answers: 0

Hi Allen,

It's not really a bug, but it's maybe something you forgot about (or you did not have time for it yet).

It's about:

https://datatables.net/reference/option/dom

Default value: lfrtip

I wanted to change it to something like lfrtPI, but the P (for example) has a "float: right;" in the css, so actually you can not change things from the right to the left.

The solution is when you interpretate the value in javascript you have to check if it's right or left. Then adding a class and depending on that, the float has to be right or left.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,903Questions: 1Answers: 10,148 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The problem here is that you might actually was it right floated but in the order specified - I think it would be wrong for the DataTables Javascript to override the CSS here. All you need to do is at a CSS rule to set the alignment as you need.

I realise that the dom option isn't the most user friendly at the moment and I have plans to resolve that int he next major release of DataTables.

Allan

• Hendrik_SHendrik_S Posts: 24Questions: 10Answers: 0

Thanks! That's a good idea i think. Later on i played with it a bit more, but there were more problems with changing the DOM options (like vertical space between elements etcetera).

Now i indeed solved it with some extra CSS.

This discussion has been closed.