Usable in IE compatibility mode?

Usable in IE compatibility mode?

LesFLesF Posts: 16Questions: 6Answers: 1
edited April 2016 in Free community support

Is anybody using DataTables in IE in compatibility mode? I was hoping to replace some of our old tables and features with DataTables, but it throws an error whenever the page gets resized.
This error does not occur when NOT running in compatibility mode, or when I run it in Chrome, so I am guessing there is some javascript in there which old IE can't handle.
Has anybody encountered problems in IE compat mode, and found a fix or work-around?

What it gives me is "Error: Unspecified error", which occurs in jquery-1.8.0-min.js (only on pages which are using DataTables) and I have not been able to trace the root cause any further.

• using DataTables 1.10.10.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,118Questions: 1Answers: 10,185 Site admin

DataTables core supports IE6+. However, it does not support quirks mode.

When you say compatibility mode, what version of IE are you emulating and is it quirks mode? Can you link to the page please.

Allan

• LesFLesF Posts: 16Questions: 6Answers: 1
    edited April 2016

Unfortunately the web app is only on our internal network so you can't link to it.
    Our IE11 clients are running in enterprise mode, which gives compatibility with IE8.

I have found a reference for enterprise mode: "Fallback to quirks if no DOCTYPE." so I will investigate options on setting doctype.

• LesFLesF Posts: 16Questions: 6Answers: 1

Ok, couldn't fix this thru doctype or emulation mode settings.
    The error is being thrown in _fnAdjustColumnSizing or one of the functions it calls, so I have resolved my current problem by setting "autoWidth": false

• allanallan Posts: 62,118Questions: 1Answers: 10,185 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I would need a link to a test page showing the issue to be able to offer any assistance.

Thanks,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.