Is it possible to "left join" across two different MySQL databases using Editor?

Is it possible to "left join" across two different MySQL databases using Editor?

charlandcharland Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

MySQL does not allow database links like other database platforms do, so I'm unable to reference tables in a secondary (different server and IP address) database using a fully qualified name like I would if the database was on the same machine. While I can create multiple db connections in the server-side PHP code, it doesn't appear I can join the data across these connections. Is there a recommended method to accomplish this type of functionality? Thanks for your help!

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,985Questions: 1Answers: 10,162 Site admin

Hi,

Unfortunately, the prebuilt Editor PHP libraries don't provide a method of accessing two different database instances at the same time. As you note, it is possible to use fully qualified names, but that only works if the are hosted by the same server.

To use two independent server's you'd need some custom code. The client / server protocol that Editor uses is documented in the manual.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.